I bought my ticket back to Toronto and made my plans as to how I was going to get there in a bit of a fuss a couple days before it was going to happen. I would take LTU from Düsseldorf in Germany direct to Toronto; and it turns out to be less than 400CAD so I was quite impressed. After signing out of my residence and getting my 150€ back and paying them back 90€ for internet for the year, I headed to the train station where I took the bus to Frankfurt airport again.

It took us about 45 minutes to get out of Strasbourg because of a traffic jam; so the Turkish people around me were panicing and they didn’t know what to do with themselves. We arrived and I ran downstairs to the train level where I bough my ticket from Frankfurt Flughafen to Düsseldorf Hbf. It was 65€ which I was not impressed about but at least I wasn’t struggling and rushed; I just had hoped that I would have enough space for all my heavy luggage. The train came, and the only area with any space left was the smoking car which I didn’t know they even still had, so I went in and thought to myself it was worth it if there was space.

I got of the train after taking a nap and there stood my friend Jochen to whom I’ve known for wow, I really can’t even count how long it’s been. It’s been at least 8 years, as we met when I was an original member on A*Teens.com and had spoken ever since. It was so nice to see him and he took us to his tiny little village nearby on the S-Bahn whilst talking and catching up. We had dinner and arrived in late, as I was only staying the night and we talked and talked and eventually we fell asleep having to be up at about 08.00 the next morning.

It was a struggle to get out of bed as the light drizzle was lulling me back to sleep, but I had to get ready to go to the airport, and so we set off after breakfast and checking flight status. The airport was about 15 minutes away in the middle of nowhere, and I went to go sign in. There was a surprisingly large amount of people there going to Vancouver and Toronto but I eventually got through and hung out with Jochen for some more and then he had to leave to go to work. I really appreciated that he helped me out, cause I didn’t have a chance to go there in the last 9 months and I squeezed it in right before! I was originally going to go to Berlin and then to Düsseldorf but it didn’t work out with his work dates and he couldn’t get them off, so it was just as well this way.

We parted ways and I went through and finally got on the plane; which was spacious and comfortable. The only downside was that the stewardesses spoke horrible English so I just through on the German. The films, music, entertainement, and food was great and I couldn’t believe how huge the plane was. I could stand in the asile and jump up and down with my hands up and they still didn’t reach the ceiling. There was nobody sitting next to me for two seats so I could louge out and not be uncomfortable by fat Croatian men again like my other previous experience!

I arrived, and Canadian customs took about an hour; and we had arrived early so I’m sure mom was waiting forever out there; and then she couldn’t find her car. The customs officers asked me a million questions and were all suspicious, but I hardly had any idea why; the two Swiss guys behind me were having issues because they didn’t speak any English at all. They were about my age, Swiss-German and in these hiking shorts (which were really short) ready to go hiking it looked like. It made me laugh as it was like American frat boys all over again.

And so I’m home and aunt Sharon and uncle Ray are coming tomorrow for Canada Day celebrations; what a wonderful time to arrive home, wouldn’t you agree?